Located in the eastern side of Hollywood, the Hollywood Hotel offers guests convenient access to some of the coveted sites in the area, such as the Hollywood Sign, Griffith Park, LA Zoo, Greek theater and Mount Hollywood hiking trails. The area is a less crowded and less touristy alternative to staying in the heart of West Hollywood. Ask for a free map upon check-in to get a lay of the land before heading out to explore the area.
Hotel Amenities at the Hollywood Hotel
There is plenty of space at the Hollywood Hotel for guests to relax and unwind after a day of sightseeing. Across the parking lot if a pool with lounge colorful chairs situated on fake grass surrounding the pool and a covered patio with additional seating. Inside the hotel, there are several saunas and steam rooms with private access. They are available for 30 minute-session bookable through the front desk. There is also a stylish patio area with couches and a bar on the first floor of the hotel that is occasionally used for happy hour, but is available for guests to use at anytime. The hotel is a dog-friendly hotel with plenty of amenities for four-legged friends, such as a plush mat, food/water bowl, toys, and a list of nearby dog-friendly restaurants and hiking trails.
Other hotel amenities include:
* On-property coin-operated laundry facilities
* Secured guest-only parking (daily fee)
* Vending machines with snacks and drinks
Renovated Rooms at the Hollywood Hotel
The 130 guest rooms have a warm modern feel with hardwood floors, white linens, grey furniture, and black accents. The bathroom’s decor is crisp and clean with white subway tile and white linens. Each room has a desk and sitting chair.
Guest Room Amenities
* Handicapped accessible rooms
* Small refrigerator (most rooms)
* Hairdryers and toiletries
* CNN, Fox News, CNBC, On Command PPV movies, games
* Direct dial phones with voice mail, call-waiting and data port
* High speed T-1 Internet access
* Alarm clock/ Stereo radio
* In Room Safe (Some Rooms)
* Electronic room locks
On-Property Dining at the Hollywood Hotel
One of the best things about staying at the Hollywood Hotel is the extensive complimentary buffet breakfast, which includes waffles, teddy bear pancakes, fruit, juice, yogurt, cereal, an omelet station, pastries, coffee and more. In the evening, guests can unwind with a cocktail at the 1160 Bar, which is also occasionally a Comedy Club (free admission) – a unique perk. Guests receive a coin upon check-in that can be redeemed for a free drink.
Activities Near the Hollywood Hotel
Depending on interests. there are plenty of activities in nearby Griffith Park, from enjoying the outdoors to listening to live music or even making the short drive to the popular West Hollywood attraction.
- Griffith Park Attractions: This greenbelt is the perfect place to picnic, take in city views or rent a park for an afternoon ride. Features include a merry-go-round, a mini railroad, pony rides, swimming pool, golf, tennis, park, and Travel Town (railroad) museum.
- Hiking: There are 53-miles of hiking trails in Griffith Park that meander through the Santa Monica Mountains. One of the most popular hikes is to the Hollywood sign.
- LA Zoo: The Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens, situated on 133 acres, is home to 1,100 mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles and more than 800 different plant species. Attractions include the Rainforest of the Americas, Campo Gorilla Reserve, Children’s Zoo, and more.
Good to Know About the Hollywood Hotel
Even though the hotel is located on a busy street, with the windows closed, the traffic did not sound noisy. As with most hotels, choose the top (third) floor so as not to be awoken by guests on the floor above. Be patient, the elevator can be slow.
1160 North Vermont Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90029
Disclosure: Accommodation was provided by Hollywood Hotel in order to do my review, but all opinions are my own. I did not receive any monetary compensation from the hotel, nor will I receive any additional payment from rooms book at Hollywood Hotel as a result of this review.