The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain, located just outside of Tucson, AZ at 2,900 feet, is a luxurious vacation spot in the heart of the Sonoran Desert. The 850-acre resort, which recently opened in 2009, captures the beauty of the desert landscape while providing plenty of options for fun and relaxation for the entire family.
Southwestern Hotel Suites and Casitas at Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain
- 42-inch high-definition LCD TV
- Feather beds with down duvets
- Separate shower and marble tub
- High-speed Wireless Internet access
- In-room gourmet coffee and tea presentations
- LodgeNet High-Definition Digital cable television and pay-per-view movies
- Bath Essentials by Spa Fresh
Flavorful Dining Experiences at Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain
- Cayton’s Restaurant: Located at the Ritz-Carlton 27-Hole Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, this casual eatery with Southwestern elegance is the perfect place to end a day of golf, or watch the sunset with the entire family. Enjoy dining on the open-air patio with large-screen TV. Adults should not miss the specialty cocktail, the prickly pear margaritaThe menu, created by Chef Michael Press, includes items such as Texas Sirloin Chili, Southwest Caesar, Cornbread Crusted Chicken “Chop” and Sweet Potato Cheesecake for dessert.
- Core Kitchen and Wine Bar: For a more formal dining experience, Core provides a subdued ambiance and an American cuisine menu with items such as Pan-Seared Quail with Chilled Quinoa and Fresh Figs, Peach-Stuffed Korabuta Pork Chops with Purple Potato Mash and Sunburst Squash and Thyme Jus, and for dessert, try the Dove Mountain Pecan Turtle Tart made with soft carmel, dark chocolate ganache, served with butter pecan ice cream. A complete vegetarian menu is available for those who opt to eat meat-free. Also, take advantage of the sommelier to pick the perfect wine to pair with your meal.
- Turquesa Latin Grill: The perfect place to dine poolside with a local Southwestern flair. Grab lunch for the kids while enjoying the 235-foot water slide or sip a margarita while lounging in the adult pool.
- Ignite: This swanky lobby lounge has inviting outdoor fire pits and soothing indoor fireplaces to create a relaxing environment. The pub-faire is complimented with a large cocktail, beer, wine and whisky menu. True to its name, a selection of cigars are also available — keep this in mind if you are sensitive to smoke.
- To/Go: Coffee and quick breakfast options as well as gelato.
Indulgent Spa Experience at Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain
Outdoor Desert Adventures at Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain
- Guided Sunrise (45-minutes. free) and Sunset (2 hours, $35) Hikes
- Jeep Tours (1-hour, $35)
- 20 Acres of Hiking Trails
- Mountain Bikes available
- Seven-location Geocaching
- Explore Ancient Petroglyphs
- Dove Mountain Rangers — themed children’s programs
After a day of exploring the desert, lounging by the pool, hitting some golf balls, or relaxing at the spa, wind down with some Native American flute music heard throughout the resort at sunset.